Due to the challenges posed by Covid19 when it comes to organised community events, we will be conducting monthly community clean-ups virtually until it is safe to switch back.
April’s virtual community clean-up had 18 participants and collected ELEVEN BAGS OF TRASH. It was so fun seeing the photos everyone shared! Given that the shutdown has been ordered to continue through May 8th, we’re doing the clean up virtually again on Saturday, May 2nd from 10am to 2pm. Visit the event site for details or to post your clean-up pictures!
How does a “virtual clean-up” work you ask? Well instead of meeting to clean up the streets and sidewalks of Beechview together, do the following:
1) Go to a litter-covered spot in Beechview by yourself or with members of your immediate household from 10am to noon on Saturday May 2nd.
2) Clean up your area! Collect trash and remove large objects if you are able (we recommend work gloves and contractor bags).
3) Take some before and after pictures, or even just some pictures of your family enjoying the outdoors and cleaning up the neighborhood to share! Tag them #PrettyUpBeechview
4) Trash collected must be stored at your house until garbage day and then placed curbside for normal pick-up as the city is unable to coordinate community collection events during this crisis. Please 311 large items that you are unable to move.
5) Check in on-line to show off your results and see how much litter your neighbors collected!
If you would like to participate but do not have garbage bags please e-mail PUBPGH@gmail.com by Friday April 3rd at noon with your address and we can get a bag to your porch.
Let’s get outside safely and make it count!